Immigration Law Section
Here are the dates and topics for our upcoming brown bag lunch meetings. Our Spring Lunch meetings are equally applicable to experienced and new practitioners.
Please mark your schedules and plan to bring your own lunch.
Brown Bag Lunch Meetings.
February 20, 2014: PERM Q&A with Matthew Glinsmann
• Bring your difficult PERM q’s
• Newly released PERM audit flags
• Pitfalls in the ETA9089 Form
• EB2 v. EB3
• And more
March 20, 2014: Special Immigrant Juvenile Petitions, Presentation by Laura Nally of Kids in Need of Defense. Joint lunch event with the Family Law Section of the BAMC
• Overview of unaccompanied immigrant children and the ORR detention and reunification system
• Working with child clients and interpreters
• Family court and immigration proceedings for Special Immigrant Juvenile Status cases in Maryland with a focus on Montgomery County Circuit Court practice
• Network with your Family Immigration counterparts
• Family Law Section Co-Chair, Kristina Badalian will be on-hand for Q&A
April 10, 2014: INA 245(i) Basics with Rachel Ullman. INA 245(i) is still alive and many of your clients are grandfathered. Learn some:
• 245(i) Basics
• 245(i) Recent court decisions affecting decisions
• Who is covered?
• How to document eligibility
Section lunch meetings will be held at the Bar Building Conference Room from 12:30 to 2:00 pm. RSVP to email@example.com if you plan to attend.
Anyone interested in leading the BAMC Immigration Section for the coming year should contact Cindy at 301.762.8376 Cindy@barmont.org
Maria F. Glinsmann
February 20, 2014
March 20, 2014
April 10, 2014
This meetings will be held at Noon in the Upstairs Conference Room of the Bar Association building, located at 27 West Jefferson St., Rockville, MD.
February 13 - Tax Primer for Immigration Lawyers; Immigration Primer for Tax Lawyers